Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Why I Love My Husband

My husband, knowing that I have been stressed out lately, created the most AWESOME surprise for me on Sunday evening. John asked me to find a babysitter on Sunday evening from 6pm-10pm. I asked him several times where we would be going and he said "no where". I said are we going out? and he said " yes and no" ! How's that for vague! John worked outside all day and the kids were giddy knowing there was a surprise underway.
So....what did John do?
He made room in the greenhouse........he set up a table and chairs for two. The table had a tablecloth and candles. He brought in a small portable grill for cooking. We had a CD player so we could listen to music and the table was surrounded by the beautiful flowers from the green house. The table was also surrounded by the lights my husband strung that day! What was on the menu you ask? Turkey burgers and Lobster tails...what a great treat! Our own romantic dinner, followed by dancing, followed by coffee and chocolate cake. It was such a special night. It reminded me of all the reasons I fell in love with John. It reminded me how impotant it is to reconnect with my husband. The kids were slightly annoyed that we were so close.....yet so far. John....I am so appreciative of all you do for me! You are not only the keeper of my heart but you are my very best friend and I love you.

6 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

That is totally amazing! You definitely have a keeper there. You sure have a nice greenhouse! Are you in the nursery business?

I thought I was lucky when I came home from work and my hubby was preparing dinner....well, I was.

Life is all about enjoying these special moments.

Lori W

Anonymous said...

Aaaw, how sweet! Glad that you two got to share this together.

Shari said...

OK, that's about as sweet as it gets! Special time together, enjoying all the hard work you put into your greenhouse. Did I say ALONE??

Jill and Rick said...

Oh what a priceless surprise and perfect evening. John, you did well!

Jill G

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

aaaahhhhhhh... Lots of kudos for John on that one!!
that is a great surprise and very creative I might add..
the greenhouse looks amazing by the way!! Hi to everyone by the way!!!!!

Ohilda said...

Carol,

That was so sweet!!! It is really so important with the chaos of daily live to stop and remind ourselves that the family begins with our marriages. Go John!!!

Hugs to you and your sweeties...

Ohilda