Wednesday, April 2, 2008

For Monica

I met Monica at my job right before I received my referral for Victoria. There was something about her spirit and her excitement about my adoption that made us friends. I don't know her all that well but yet, I feel like I've known her forever. She shared with me all my excitement and joy leading up to Victoria's referral, our wait to travel, and bringing her home! Shortly after we came home with Victoria we had a huge party. At that party Monica gave Victoria a gift. It was a pair of Pajamas with a VERY Chinese design on them. Victoria was 10 months old and the pajamas were a size 7 . The note with the pajamas said she had bought them on a vacation , they never got to their intended recipient........unless Victoria WAS the intended recipient. I never forgot that note, those pajamas, or Monica. Shortly after we came home from China we moved 3 hours away. Anyway.......in 5 months it will be 5 years since the pajamas and the note. I remember having a conversation with Monica and what she said was when Victoria fit into the pajamas send her a picture. So here you go.........MONICA....we all miss you!

3 comments:

Shari said...

That is a sweet story. I just love how Victoria posses!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story. I love those pictures of Tori. She is such a pretty girl.

Anonymous said...

Wow Carol...what a blast from the past this is!!...THANKS!!!....Victoria fills out those PJ's quite nicely...very beautiful indeed....I think you may be right...perhaps Victoria was the intended recipient..your post flooded my mind with memories...seems like yesterday you had that party...I miss all of you too....keep in touch and thanks for the pictures!!..Monica