Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What is this picture of this winter wonderland? Well......it is what was happening yesterday! Although I am usually an avid weather follower, this storm caught me off guard and unprepared!
How beautiful did it look though? I love snow storms. I love being snowed in with John and the kids, I love baking when it's snowing, I love making the kids hot chocolate and I love staying in our P.J's all day. None of this was possible yesterday. The kids had a snow day, but we had no power, no phone, no heat and no water! Luckily when John came home he was ablke to hook us up to a generator so we had light, HEAT and a refrigerator. The wind was howling ,trees were falling and it was a nasty storm! But we do live in upstate NY and snow is a part of life here.

3 comments:

Shari said...

WOW! How many inches did you get? It must have been really wet - or icy to knock the power out. Lucky you have a generator!

Lori Lynn said...

That sure is beautiful! We are still having temperatures in the 80s. I love snow too, but with heat, water and electricity.

LoriW

Jill and Rick said...

Whoa!!!! I can't believe these pics! As much as I love an occasional snow day too (but please let us have power, water, etc), I'm not ready for it quite yet!

Jill