Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm Back.......

What's new with the Franco's? We have been very very busy. There has been no time for blogging or pictures but hopefully things are calming down! John's mom has been very ill. We found out last week she was in the cardiac intensive care unit. She is 93. Our families live on Long Island which is about 3-4 hours from us. So John made a trip down there mid week and the kids and I went down the end of the week. She is improving and we are thankful for that. This is my children's only grandparent. Tori turned 6 on October 8th. It seems lately that the kid's birthdays go from one day to a week long celebration by the time we finish seeing everybody. Tori had cake at her birthday party, a treat on her actual birthday in her class, a special dessert that night at home, followed by 3 cakes with relatives. My first baby turned 6...seems like I was just bringing her home! Bella has been busy with gymnastics. She really enjoys it and is quite good at it. It is hard for her because she is in a class with children 2 years older than her. She is small compared to them and she doesnt always follow directions.....Bella.....not follow directions?........OH YES! Little John is thankful to have mommy to himself for 3 hours a day now. he is busy with speech, physical therapy, occupational therapy and soon vision therapy. He is still working very hard to overcome these delays! Big John is working very hard. He has had few days off and he is the hardest working man I know. He loves his family and would do anything for any of us. Ok now me....Well the biggest thing continues to be my journey of getting healthy and losing weight. It is a daily struggle. Eating and emotions are so intertwined. I am happy with the decision I made but it is still difficult! I am down 42 pounds and am very proud of my accomplishment! my goal is 50 pound by Christmas. Of course, I will take more but That was the first goal I set for myself. You made it to the end!! Thats it in a nutshell. I am hoping to get around to pictures soon!

8 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

Glad to read the update. I have been wondering about you. Congratulations on 42#!!! I am so jealous.

Lori W

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Carol..
Congrats!! 42 pounds is amazing.... You should be very proud of yourself!!

Shari said...

Breathe!
42 pounds is AWESOME! I'm with you on emotional eatting; I like to ride that roller coaster as well.
Sounds like Bella and Amelia may be competing in the Olympics together someday...to bad we can't lie about their ages, China has all that info;)

October 8 is a very special day to me...it's my dad's birthday and Lauren's. Crazy! Happy belated birthday Miss Tori!

Anonymous said...

Hello all, this is DH. (Darling Husband). I am extreemly proud of my DW. She is the most ambitious woman I have ever known. Words can not describe how awsome she is. Keeping up with our family is a three person job that she does by herself. Most days I leave for work at 6:15am and get home 9:30 +pm. I am not much help around the house.
We decided a long time ago to keep her home for the children. As much as I would love to be home with them I can not. I am glad she has everyone of you who send her supportive, encouraging messages. I want to thank you all for that.
Carol, I love you now as I always will. Keep the light on for me baby, Daddy will be home soon. give 'em all hugs and kisses for me. Love John (DH) (uh, yea, I am sending this from work! don't tell the boss ha ha ha)

Lori Lynn said...

Me again. Just checking in! I tagged you on my blog.

Go here, http://chloeandpearl.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-tagged.html

Lori W

Lori Lynn said...

Oh, I just read your hubby's comments. How sweet! I almost got teary-eyed.

Great job!

Lori W

Jill and Rick said...

Carol, I am still amazed at your weight loss progress. Keep it up, girl!

I'm sorry to hear about John's mom and will add her to our prayers.

I can SO understand the birthday excitement and busyness! We just finished our last birthday for the year in our house. We've had 5 in our house since 9/7, 4 since 9/30. (& LOL, two are on October 8th! I didn't know Tori shared her bday with Ashlie and Adam!) It was all fun, but I'm glad it's over!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your weight loss! I am so proud of you! You keep on moving, and you'll get to where you want to be. I hope your MIL is on the mend. Time is always precious with those we love...we have to make the most of what time we have. Give those three cuties hugs from the Messina family!