Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Xin Nian Kuai Le

Happy New Year !! Today is the day we are celebrating the Chinese New Year. Usually, I make a big deal out of it and the kids are just along for the ride. So this year I toned it down slightly. Well, Dont you know that this year the kids are very into the new year. I am very happy about that too. For 2 years in a row it seemed Tori was not very happy that she was different. She was almost uncomfortable at times. Well....no more. She PROUDLY wore her Chinese outfit to school. The kids made all the red envelopes themselves. All the kids helped make moon cakes and decorations. We will be doing a Chinese New Year craft at Girl Scouts (daisies) today. Since Tori sets the tone for Bella and John I am glad she is embracing who she is and where she comes from. Bella and John follow Tori's lead. They can not even pick out a condiment for a hotdog without say so from Tori! The girls looked beautiful today and were very excited to get to school with their treats! I am proud of my children as always. Today I am proud of John and I. I saw traits in Tori and Bella today at school that came from us. They were proud of who they were and where they came from and we have instilled that in them. Tori's teacher told me that Tori taught the class about New Year traditions and then read them the book "D is for Dragon Dance!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kissing picture is too cute! Their hair is so long, too :-)

Leslie said...

Your kids are adorable!

I think it's great that you are incorporating this into Daisies.

Are you using China for "Thinking Day" also? That would be great for the girls to learn about Girl Scouts in China.

Shari said...

That is so awesome! I'm so glad they are enjoying the celebration:)

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

The three of them are so cute together! I also think it's great that they celebrate the Chinese New Year with their class!!!
the kissing picture is so sweet