Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The New Me!

Today while I was talking to my sister on the phone, she mentioned that she went thru my whole blog and did not see one picture of me. I purposely take the pictures so I dont have to be in them! I have never been comfortable getting a picture taken because of my "weight"...there.. I SAID IT.
The problem I am having now is that when I look at myself, I still see the same person. I have lost 55 pounds and can still wear some of the same clothes! I just don't get it. People ask if I feel "better" ...actually...the answer is no. I am very hard on myself. I have lost 55 pounds and beat my self up because I am not down more.
maybe some of the changes have to come from the inside. I go to a weight loss support group and Dr. Bob always says thin wont make you happy. I FINALLY get it! I have to change the way I see myself.
So with that in mind....I am posting a few pictures. The first two are obviously before and they are the pictures that I was looking at when I decided to get the lap band. The third one was taken today. This is what 55 pounds less looks like!

11 comments:

Ohilda said...

WOWZA, Carol!!!!! You are one hot Mama! You look fantastic, girl!

Great job. Keep up the good work and be totally proud of yourself. You rock!

Hugs,

Ohilda

Anonymous said...

Carol you look so beautiful...from your anonymous sister Denise

Anonymous said...

You look amazing!

Anonymous said...

wow Love Joanne

Jill and Rick said...

Carol, all I can say is WOW! I never would have dreamed that your weight loss would be that dramatic already. You look amazing!

Jill
(who also tries to be the one taking the pictures)

Shari said...

Carol - WOW! You look 15 years younger and HOT!
I'm totally jealous...
The inside will come - just keep looking in the mirror and saying, "I'm a great mom and I look fantastic!" Totally true and affirmations do help.

Anonymous said...

Carol..
You look BEAUTIFUL.. Love the dress, love the hair... love it all! You look young and fresh and overall just fantastic!

Anonymous said...

DW,
You inspire me. You have great strength and drive, and all the while you care so much for your family. We appreciate it though we may not show you enough. You go girl!
DH

Anonymous said...

Carol you look so pretty! Looking forward to seeing you and your crew in person this summer. Ann S.

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous are you!? WOWZA! I'm so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

PS - in your before picture, it is unfair to have ANYONE's picture taken beside miss thang who is only as big as a minute. LOL