Wednesday, March 12, 2008

All About Victoria

I decided to do Victoria's update because she is the oldest. So...Whats new with Victoria??? In August Victoria had her tonsils out. Her tonsils were HUGE. The surgeon said he should have charged by the pound! Her big tonsils caused her to have sleep apnea where she would have periods of NO BREATHING in the night. She was also always very tired. It has all worked out great. She sleeps good, wakes up well rested and is not too tired during the day. Victoria started Kindergarten in Sept. She is an awesome student, loves school, and idolizes her teacher! She has reminded us several times that her teacher is a very wise woman. Victoria loves adults and enjoys talking to grown ups. Adults seem to gravitate toward her too. Victoria loves anything to do with coloring, cutting, glueing, and pasting. She spends hours drawing pictures and telling stories about her pictures. I will leave you with a story: During sunday school Victoria's teacher was talking about how people in the community help each other and they talked about various professions. The teacher went around the class asking what everyone wanted to be. They apparently had a nurse, a few doctors, a fireman........when it was Victoria's turn she told her teacher she would like to be a princess!! Glad she has such high aspirations! Victoria is growing up so fast, it makes me a little sad. Sometimes I look at her and see the same little baby face I remember from China. Then the phone rings and it is not for me and John but it is friend calling for her. Then I remember how fast life passes. So I try to enjoy our special moments together. I suppose there will come a time when she will not want to cuddle in my bed with me and watch her favorite movie, or hold my hand as we walk through the store. But for know I am enjoying my growing girl!!

3 comments:

Shari said...

Oh, that made me cry...what happened to that little "baby" from China who wasn't so sure about her new even "babier" sister?

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

that photo of Victoria talking on the phone is too funny. wow, they do grow up way too fast! It's hard to take in every moment... but worth trying!
Great to have your blog.. because I have felt out of touch!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol.....so you have a blog!!!....great news!....Victoria still sounds like Victoria....looking forward to your posts re: Bella and John.....seems like John's strabismus has been fully corrected!!!!...YEAH...glad the PJ's were a hit...post a pic if you can...will be checking in again....Monica from Opti